YOUR FELLOW WOLVERINES
WANT TO SAY
You did it! You’re a University of Michigan Engineer…
…and we’re so happy to meet you! Before you dive in, please watch our video. Your fellow Wolverines know exactly how you feel—excited, nervous, overwhelmed—and want you to know what a special place Michigan really is. That no matter what, you’ll find your hoMe.
ALL OF YOU belong here, and we want to say thank you and congratulations in advance for all you’ll contribute and achieve here and beyond.
We’re a community that challenges one another. That looks out for each other—something that’s more important than ever during these uncertain times. Creativity, innovation and daring is in our DNA, and we share a commitment to the common good. Let these values guide you as you begin this new and exciting chapter.
So you’ve received your acceptance letter…now what? Here are the steps you need to take to claim your place!
- TodayCelebrate! You’re a University of Michigan Engineer.12/15/2019Welcome HoMe! You’re a University of Michigan Engineer.America/Detroittrue
- TODAY to MARCH 1Financial Aid03/01/2020If you think you might need financial aid to come to the University of Michigan, or wish to be considered for grants or merit scholarships, you’ll want to fill out the CSS Profile and FAFSA. Plan to complete these before March 1, so your application documents reach us in time. America/Detroittrue
- TODAY to MAY 1Pay U-M Enrollment Deposit05/01/2020Let us know we can expect to see you on campus in the fall by submitting your $300 enrollment deposit by May 1. Payment can be made via MPathways, the online center for members of the U-M community, or postmarked by May 1. Quick note: the uniqname you choose when registering for a friend account sticks with you throughout your time at Michigan and beyond, so make sure you think it through! America/Detroittrue
- MID JANUARYSubmit your housing application01/15/2020Submit your Housing/Michigan Learning Community Application in mid-May (if you’re applying for a Michigan Learning Community, additional essays are required)America/Detroittrue
- JANUARY to APRILRegister for Campus Day!01/01/2020Connect with other U-M students, explore campus, and take a closer look at what your experience as a student will be like at Campus Day. This program is held January through April, and registration starts in January.America/Detroittrue
- EARLY APRILSign up for Orientation04/01/2020Orientation is the first step in your transition to U-M, helping you bridge the gap between high school and college! Register early so you can meet new people, sign up for classes and get your first taste of dorm life. Registration slots are made available in early April (Note: Enrollment Deposit must be paid). America/Detroittrue
- MID-APRILCheck U-M Scholarship Status04/15/2020Don’t forget to check your scholarship status! You’re automatically considered for College of Engineering merit-based scholarships, and notification of awards are typically made before mid-April. America/Detroittrue
The Second You
Complete These Steps
Claim your place
as an official
Stuff You Should Know
We want to set you up for the kind of success that meets your individual goals and that means caring about all aspects of your college experience: mental, physical, academic and professional.